Foundation / Corporation
A.J. Muste Memorial Institute
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for grassroots projects that promote social justice around the world. Applicants must submit a preliminary application in advance of a full proposal. Priority will be given to projects with small budgets that lack access to mainstream sources of funding.
Particular interest is given to funding efforts to:
- End the violence of borders and the criminalization of immigrants
- Abolish the death penalty, shut down the prison industrial complex, redefine criminal justice
- Confront institutionalized repression against racial, ethnic, gender-based, and LGBTQ communities
- Support progressive workers movements and the eradication of poverty
- Dismantle the war machine, end state-sponsored terrorism, expose the dangers of nuclear power
The Muste Institute's Social Justice Fund considers proposals:
- For new and ongoing projects or campaigns, or efforts to expand existing work
- For capacity building, leadership development, and resource sustainability
- For projects with expense budgets under $50,000
Due to administrative challenges, the Muste Institute is suspending its Social Justice Fund grants to international organizations for the remainder of 2019 and until further notice. New information will be posted once the situation is resolved. Thank you for your patience.
GrantWatch ID#: 144400
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.