Foundation / Corporation
San Antonio Area Foundation
02/16/18 - Children/Youth and Medicine/Healthcare Categories Only
Grants to Texas nonprofits, governmental entities, schools, and churches serving Bexar and the eligible surrounding counties for a wide range of community programs. Funding is intended for the focus areas of arts and culture, animal services, children and youth, medicine and healthcare, seniors, and community-at-large.
Applying organizations must serve Bexar and the following surrounding counties: Frio, Atascosa, Karnes, Wilson, Guadalupe, Gonzales, Comal, Blanco, Kendall, Gillespie, Kerr, Bandera, and Medina.
Grants are awarded in two grant cycles on an annual basis.
Cycle One Funding Categories:
- Children and Youth: Programs that enable children and families to lead safe and productive lives.
- Medicine and Healthcare: Programs that promote healthy lifestyles with an emphasis on reducing obesity and diabetes, are preventative in nature or educate the community in prevention, and/or increase access to comprehensive healthcare, including dental, vision, and mental services.
Cycle Two Funding Categories:
- Animal Services: Programs that improve the health and wellness of animals, educate the community about animal care, and/or provide spay/neuter and/or adoption services.
- Arts and Culture: Programs that promote accessibility to the arts, encourage broad participation from all parts of the community, and/or provide arts education and outreach.
- Community-at-Large: Programs and services that improve the safety and welfare of vulnerable and underserved populations and/or increase chances for individual/family success and self-sufficiency.
- Seniors: Programs that enhance the quality of life for seniors.
In addition to the funding priorities for each category, the Foundation is also interested in awarding grants to programs that help achieve targets in specific vision elements in the SA2020 Plan. The SA2020 vision elements that align with areas the Foundation funds are:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Safety
- Downtown Development
- Economic Competitiveness
- Family Well-being
- Health and Fitness
- Neighborhoods and Growth Management
GrantWatch ID#: 173034
There is no minimum or maximum amount.
Those eligible to submit applications include nonprofit organizations exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, schools, churches or governmental bodies that serve Bexar and the following surrounding counties: Frio, Atascosa, Karnes, Wilson, Guadalupe, Gonzales, Comal, Blanco, Kendall, Gillespie, Kerr, Bandera and Medina.
- Debt reduction
- Operating deficits
- Indirect costs
- Scholarships for colleges and universities
- First 75% of capital campaign goals
- Projects in individual churches, parishes, or congregations that do not benefit the community-at-large
- Political activities, organizations, or lobbying efforts intended to influence legislation
To learn more about the application process, register for one of two information meetings scheduled for Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM and Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 1:30 PM. Register using the link in Contact Information below.
For an updated calendar of Foundation events and workshops, see:
The application process for cycle one will open on Tuesday, January 16 with a deadline of Friday, February 16 at 11:59 PM.
If you do not receive a response immediately after submitting, please contact Lydia Saldana (see Contact Information below)
During the application window, you may preview the application online:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register for an informational meeting here:
Register and apply online for a grant:
Lydia Saldana, Program Officer
USA: Texas: Bexar and the following surrounding counties: Frio, Atascosa, Karnes, Wilson, Guadalupe, Gonzales, Comal, Blanco, Kendall, Gillespie, Kerr, Bandera, and Medina