Israel Innovation Authority and Brazilian Agency for Research and Industrial Innovation (EMBRAPII)
09/26/19 - Israel Time Zone
Grants to Israel and Brazil companies and research institutions for collaborative research and development projects in the areas of life science, agriculture, IoT, and energy. Funding is intended to support highly innovative processes or products with clear commercial potential that are mutually beneficial for the Brazilian and Israeli companies and economies, and that reflect good complementarities (technological or other) between the project partners.
The purpose of the Industrial R&D Program is to support greater collaboration among Brazilian and Israeli companies and researchers. The Program will support projects that fall within the framework of the MOU between the EMBRAPII and the Israel Innovation Authority.
The general objectives of the 1st Call for Proposals are primarily to ensure that the selected projects:
1. Create close and direct working relationship between the 2 jurisdictions' innovation agencies;
2. Benefit the economies of Brazil and Israel;
3. Generate fruitful and long term alliances between organizations and companies involved in research and innovation in Brazil and in Israel;
4. Highlight the complementary strengths of Brazil and Israel for the mutual benefit of both parties;
5. Help both agencies to achieve their strategic objectives.
Allowable expenses are consistent with the guidelines and regulations in effect for each funding organization and may include direct labor, academic subcontractors, consultants, equipment renting directly tied to project, consumable materials and supplies, project related travels- all subject to the specific guidelines of the respective
GrantWatch ID#: 184888
Funding from EMBRAPII:
- EMBRAPII: Maximum of 1/3 of Brazilian project costs
- Brazilian Companies: At least 1/3 of Brazilian project costs
- EMBRAPII Units: The remaining Brazilian project costs, up to 1/3 of the total
Maximum award from Israel Innovation Authority: typically up to 50% of the Israeli R&D cost + regional (development zones) incentives.
The program will support large-scale collaboration projects for up to 24 months.
Upon approval, Israeli companies will be entitled to 12 months of financial support, and will be eligible for a second year of funding subject to review of the project milestones.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online (Hebrew only):
Or email EOI form to:
Alan Hofman, Program Manager - Latin America Desk
Israel Innovation Authority
Customer Service - Klita
Israel Innovation Authority
+55-61 3772 1030
Israel and Brazil
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.