Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Oregon nonprofit organizations and federally-recognized tribes for humanities programs that address timely, urgent, and challenging topics. Priority consideration will be given to programming that is led by and based in communities of color and rural communities.
Oregon Humanities is committed to helping communities across Oregon respond to timely or urgent issues and tensions by bringing people together to explore these challenging topics and strive for just communities. The Responsive Program Grants enable non-profit organizations and federally recognized tribes in Oregon to address urgent or timely issues that might not otherwise be able to be addressed because of the quick, timely response that is needed for the program. In addition, Oregon Humanities offers communications assistance to all awarded projects.
Oregon Humanities funds programs that meet the following criteria:
- Engage community members as active participants, not just as an audience
- Explore issues or ideas from a variety of perspectives
- Help participants make meaning for themselves and their community
- Respond to an important public issue
- Are not related to advocacy or fundraising efforts
These programs may be any of the following:
- New/one-time/pilot programs
- In-person events
- Online or multimedia efforts that engage the general public including but not limited to podcasts and short documentary films
- Created in response to local, statewide, national, or global issues: Part of an organization’s regular programming but responding to timely community needs
- In multiple languages or be in a language other than English (Note that applications and reporting must be submitted in English).
Requested Oregon Humanities funding may support program-related expenses including but not limited to salaries/volunteers hours, benefits, honoraria, travel, supplies and materials, printing and duplication, postage and telephone, equipment and services (including audio and video documentation of the program for preservation or dissemination purposes), facilities rental, publicity, and ADA access.
For more information on the funding priorities, see the URL for Full Text page, or the Guidelines document in Supporting Documents below.
GrantWatch ID#: 186500
The maximum Oregon Humanities Responsive Program Grant is $1,000.
Applicants may receive only one Responsive Program Grant per cycle and programs must be completed by December 31, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application form: http://oregonhumanities.org/programs/responsive-program-grants/responsive-program-grant-application/
(503)241-0543, ext. 112